Misdirect, Obfuscate, but Don't EVER Look for the Source of the Carnage!
An interesting spin on the never-ending murder spree plaguing Philly was found in today's FishWrapper:
More than 20 Philadelphia families have lost children to murder this year. Each death rips apart a family and a community.
In response, the victims� families and friends usually follow a set of urban rituals to mourn them � rituals that offer a chilling glimpse into the culture of grief that pervades Philly�s neighborhoods during this violent summer.
After one boy�s death, the Daily News spent a week with his family and friends as they struggled with his death, struggled with each other, and undertook these rituals, one by one � with hearts broken, but rarely with tears.
The TrekMedic opines: I'll save you the time clicking the link and reading this. Apparently, in Philly, when a young person is murdered, the survivors:
- Boys gather up blank white t-shirts "the outfit of urban Philadelphia" and sign their names to them. The shirts are then hung up at the crime scene.
- Girls buy teddy bears and place them at the crime scene.
- Everyone gets expensive air brushed T-shirts to wear to the funerals.
- Many get tattoos in honor of the slain victim.
- Mothers and grandmothers, obviously and understandably, wail in grief.
- Fathers,.....................................oh, yeah,..that part's missing from the story.