2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Goodbye, Godspeed, Farewell and Good Luck!



HOUSTON -- Roy Oswalt, one of the greatest pitchers to wear an Astros uniform, is headed to the Philadelphia Phillies.

The Astros and Phillies finalized a deal on Thursday that sent Oswalt to the two-time National League champions in exchange for left-hander J.A. Happ, Minor League outfielder Anthony Gose and Minor League shortstop Jonathan Villar.

"It's exciting for sure," Oswalt said. "I think it works out for both of us. Houston's getting good prospects and another pitcher, and I'm getting to go to a great team. I'm happy for both sides. From the very beginning, I said I wouldn't accept it unless it worked out for both of us, and I think it worked out."

Oswalt cleaned out his locker at Minute Maid Park on Thursday afternoon and was scheduled to fly to Philadelphia later in the day and will start for the Phillies on Friday in Washington against the Nationals.

J.A. Happ was a good kid caught up in some bad luck and a numbers crunch. Here's hoping for a long career ahead of him.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home