2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Should Rendell Have Received a Rosie Award?

When I first read PA Gov. Ed Rendell's remarks about the upcoming primary, that was my first reaction.

However, as much as it may pain me to support the Democrat in Harrisburg, he's probably right.

As many know, I directed the Red November 2006 campaign, supporting and blogging in favor of every local Republican candidate in the Philly metro area.

I also had to commute to work every day through some seriously RED communities.

During those 16-mile commutes, I passed a plethora of campaign posters supporting the Santorum campaign, the Republican campaigns of every federal and local race germane to the township, and every Republican school board slate running.

What was missing on those finely-manicured front lawns?

The "Swann for Governor" posters and placards!

It sickened me!

You can chalk it up to a resignation of the inevitable (an incumbent has never lost a gubernatorial race in PA). I chalk it up to something far more insidous and disgusting.

And Rendell is right to bring it up on the other side of the aisle.

Michael Smerconish also has a great take on this issue here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home