2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Vile and Disgusting"

And coming from the leader of the DNC,...pretty much sums up the party's profile!


| FoxNews.com


WASHINGTON -- Republican Rep. Allen West of Florida is standing by an incendiary email he sent to a Democratic colleague after she criticized him in a speech on the House floor.
"I think it's important to stake my ground," West told Fox News when asked about his email to Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee. "It was about enough is enough, and it's my right to say that. She is the one elevating this."


In her remarks on the House floor, Wasserman Schultz had said: "The gentleman from Florida, who represents thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, as do I, is supportive of this plan that would increase costs for Medicare beneficiaries. Unbelievable from a member from south Florida."
She was alluding to a GOP-backed bill to reduce the debt and amend the Constitution to require a balanced federal budget. The House later approved the bill 234-190, but it is unlikely to pass the Democratic Senate.
West, who is in his first term, wasn't shy about his online outburst. He sent his email to numerous lawmakers, as well as Wasserman Schultz and other congressional leaders. The subject line of the email: "Unprofessional and Inappropriate Sophomoric Behavior from Wasserman Schultz."
The e-mail said: "Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional and despicable member of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the heck up."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home