2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Halfway There,....

Like fellow over-sized bloggers, Wyatt and AD, the TrekMedic embarked on a plan to lose to ill-gotten poundage.

On Labor Day, 2007, I weighed 246 lbs. As of Sunday, I weighed 233. I want to get down to 220 at some point. (My doctor says 200, but my family is full of men built like fireplugs.)

So,..how did the TrekMedic do it?

Slowly, methodically, and without radical changes.

First, I don't sweat the weight. I only check my weight on the first Sunday of the month.

Second, I cut out regular soda and switched to diet.

The a month later, I started eating smaller sandwiches for lunch.

Since then, I've cut out the cheese in most of those sandwiches and only grab one hot dog when time's tight.

I don't reward myself with treats when I lose weight and I don't crank down on my regimen when I gain.

And I don't miss what I'm not eating.

And when the weather gets better, I'll get back to more light exercise.

The "big secret?" I didn't make these changes radically and overnight. I've slowly let my body get used to the diet and that halts the urge to binge on what I miss.

Try it and let me know how it works fo you!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Phillybits said...

As a healthy cardio tip, if you don't have one, get a bike. Riding to, in, around, and out of Fairmount Park offers a great work out and a nice change of scenery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home