More Hot Air from the UNtied Nations
HT to Three Sources on this and the YouTube video:
* Demands North Korea eliminate all its nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles.
* Requires all countries to prevent the sale or transfer of materials related to Pyongyang's unconventional weapons programs, as well as large-sized military items such as tanks, missiles and helicopters.
* Demands nations freeze funds overseas of people or businesses connected with North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile programs.
* Allows nations to inspect cargo moving in and out of North Korea in pursuit of non-conventional weapons.
* Is not backed up by the threat of military force.
* Calls on Pyongyang to return "without precondition" to stalled six-nation talks on its nuclear program.
Unfortunately, the Security Council's resolution will not induce North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program nor its missile program. The North Korean government has demonstrated time and again that it will lie, cheat and ignore the will of the world to further its goal of developing nuclear weapons it can deliver with ballistic missiles.
The only thing that can force North Korea to give up its defiance of the world is Chinese pressure. North Korea is dependent upon China for food and fuel. Only by China withholding those items supplied by China and necessary for the survival of the North Korean state will North Korea be forced to give up its missile and nuclear weapons programs.
The TrekMedic muses:
And the Chinese are playing us like a finely-tuned violin over this one,....