2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hollywood Must Die!

This morning, I saw an advert on TV for a new movie called "John Tucker Must Die!"

The plot, such that it is, involves John Tucker simultaneously dating 3 girls. They find out and set up the "new girl" to bring him down.

At best, it might pass for a date movie, but I'm inclined to believe its just some late-summer teenybopper drivel.

And that brings me to what bothers me about this movie, and some healthy paranoia about Leftywood in general.

You see, in the movie, John Tucker is dating a black girl, played by marginally-successful rapper Ashanti.

Now, before you all scream "RACIST!" at me, let me finish my rant! Its not that John Tucker is dating a black girl, but more that I'm sure the script didn't specify any racial details for these characters and someone in casting decided to cast Ashanti to keep the NAACP and other professional protesters off their backs.

And THAT gets to the heart of this post: It seems to me these days that every Tween and Teen show on TV (Disney, Nickelodeon, The N, ABC Family) features a core cast of characters with ONLY one involved in an interracial relationship, or a town full of middle-class white people populated by ONLY one well-adjusted, well-spoken minority star or family.

BTW - You also see this a lot in advertising - 4 women enjoying a new diet cereal consists of three white women and a token black. 4 guys at the local bar, drinking the latest great, new beer and,...you guessed it, only one token black guy hanging with the guys!

The peer pressure on teens these days that is coming from the media seems to be one where you MUST date outside your racial or ethnic group, or there is something wrong with you!

Now, I'm not against interracial dating, I don't believe in burning crosses on someone's lawn for exhibiting "jungle fever," or any of that stupidity. I just think Leftywood is trying their damnedest to take a colorful, American "melting pot" stew society, full of various spices and flavors, and turn it into a gray, tasteless, formless mush of a society.

**That's my opinion and you're entitled to it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home