2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Snow Job!

Yeah! It finally SNOWED around here! I mean,..it's January and the temps were still in the 50s, foggy and rainy all the time!

As I drove home from work last night (and drove,..and drove,..and drove),..I had time to think about a few things (s**t like this happens when you're crawling along at 5 mph for 45 minutes!)

1) People around here have serious memory problems! Everyone seems to forget how to drive once 1/2" of snow hits the road! (Of course,.sLower Merion Twp's lack of salt on Rte 30 didn't help matters) Hey,..just drive like you did LAST YEAR, when it snowed!

2) About 1 mile from my house is a large hospital on a lot of very hilly ground. When I was a kid, everyone from the area went sledding on the two big hills in front of the hospital. Parents were always around watching us.

Nowadays, things have changed: one hill doesn't exist anymore, since they made a driveway all the way around the hospital campus and built a new ER, and there are now signs up along the other hill saying "NO SLEDDING! RISK OF INJURY OR DEATH." No kidding! Really! That's why we had ADULTS around when we did it. Hell,..I can't count the number of times I took a tumble down that hill and came home all bruised up. I even hit a dry patch once, went sailing, head first, down the hill and broke my nose! I went home crying, bleeding like a stuck pig. My mom put an ice pack on it, called my pediatrician, and I went to see him the next day to have my nose put back in place and patched up.

I guess some lawyers and risk-management people convinced the hospital that they were at risk for potential lawsuits (you see these pond-scum lawyers on TV all day!) and ruined everyone's good time.

Sigh,......but HEY! More snow this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home