A Phillyiana Quiz!
Got to thinking about those PBS Philly-related specials "The Things That Aren't There Anymore;" like Republicans and middle-class white people, but I digress.
This quiz is for Philadelphians of a certain age and for former Philadelphians who may remember:
- Finish this phrase: "Got a problem?...." If you can sing it, more power to you!
- Before Philadelphia police cars were white, they were blue. What color were they before that? Bonus answer - can you tell us why they changed to blue?
- What was the pre-9-1-1 number for the police?
- What was the slogan used to promote the new 9-1-1 number?
- What were the original names of Kelly and Martin Luther King Jr Drives?
- What was special about one of those drives during rush hour?
- Can you name at least THREE Philadelphia-based retail chains that aren't around anymore?
- What color were the Phillies old, 70s -era away uniforms?
- What is the air speed velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?
Labels: Philly Stuff