Thumbnails? or Thumbscrews?
So, tomorrow, May 15th, Philadelphians will elect the city's next mayor (face it: Al Taubenberg has as much chance of becoming mayor as Shrillary does becoming President!).
So,..let's take the TrekMedic's brief and skewed views of the major candidates:
- Congressman Bob Brady - union goon. Running to keep the "pay-to-play" status quo in place.
- State Rep. Dwight Evans - should've been mayor eight years ago. Looks like the brass ring is spinning further and further out of his grasp.
- Congressman Chaka Fattah - John Street's lap dog. The black version of why Bob Brady is in the race.
- Tom Knox - Self-made millionaire who pulled himself out of the projects. He could be spending his millions down in some resort, but he's stayed in town to change the political landscape. In any other part of the US, you'd call him a "republican."
- Michael Nutter - If his never-ending pontificating doesn't put you to sleep, the sound of him chewing on his shoe leather will.