2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

It Won't Stop With Imus,....(Bloggers Feel It, Too!)

This post from XXX at First In!:

Programming Note!

As many Bloggers are finding out (Rachel for example) the politically correct environment that modern liberals have created can be a dangerous place. If you don't tow the politically correct line, your free speech rights can get squashed and you can find yourself in a jam PDQ. Wyatt knows exactly what I mean. Being public servants puts us into a category that is different than most folks. And within this category there are sub categories. If you don't fit into the proper category and you voice your opinion, and someone in charge doesn't like it, you put yourself and your livelihood at risk.

So I have a dilemma. I can quit Blogging for my family's sake. I'll have less of a chance of pissing anyone off and therefore keep my job. OR I can censor all of my remarks to make them non-offensive and politically correct. (I'd rather quit). The other option is to go underground. Change my name and edit my previous posts to remove anything that could potentially get me into trouble. As it is now it wouldn't be too hard to figure out who I am at work.

I could also turn the blog over to someone else. (Nah). So I think in the end I'm going to keep at it for a while longer. I'll see how it goes. One thing though: I'll be changing my screen name to CaptainAmerica from now on. Since I couldn't think of another good name (Tired) and he's been my favorite Super Hero and a running theme in my blog I figured it will work. Thanks to my twelve readers for your patience and support.

CaptainAmerica


The TrekMedic offers this:

Stick with it, Cap'n!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Isophorone said...

I can imagine that it's pretty tough for anyone who works in a left-wing work environment, particularly in the public sector, to speak or blog conservative views. In the public sector I guess there are complicated ethics rules to add to the fun.

This guy should definitely fly under the radar and keep the blogging and the work separated. If necessary, get a written opinion from a responsible ethics manager or officer about what is considered in or out of bounds (hypothetically speaking, of course). You never know when it would come in handy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home