2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Random Thoughts for the Day (2/14/06)

OK,..first - revisiting the Snow Job of '06: Can someone explain to me how a storm that hit on a Saturday night and into Sunday afternoon STILL managed to f**k up my Monday morning commute? 2 1/2 hrs to go 15 miles?? I can't understand how two of the arguably wealthiest towns in PA (sLower Merion and Radnor) couldn't manage to clear four lanes of a major highway by 7:30! I've never given (s)Lower Merion high marks for their snow removal techniques, but I was left speechless over Radnor's handling. Normally, you can eat off the asphalt when Radnor clears a road. Unfortunately, it looks like they made one half-hearted pass over Lancaster Avenue, then allowed to local merchants and apartment complexes dump all of THEIR snow back onto Lancaster and never came back to clean up the mess!

Second,...OK,...so your car's stuck in the deep snow and/or underlying ice. You've gunned the accelerator to 7000 rpms and you're still stuck. What makes you think revving it up to 9000 ear-splitting rpms (at 6 in the morning, no less!) is going to work any better??

Third,...stop revving your engines in the wee small hours of the morning! You're scaring poor City Katt! (pics coming as soon as she comes out in the daylight)

Fourth,..the last time I looked, the Philadelphia city ordinance says you're supposed to clear a path across the whole of your sidewalk, not just the width of your shovel. Lazy bastards! I have a bad back and a torn rotator cuff and I still managed to get all of that AND helped my neighbor shovel the elderly lady next door to him!

Fifth,..how long before Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton and the rest of the Leftocrats try to pass legislation banning the use of bird shot? For God's sake people, it was an ACCIDENT! I can't wait until the MSM tried to spin the latest turn (click here) in this story! I guess Cheney was actually aiming for Harry Whittington,..it was all a cover-up,...Whittington was going to switch parties,...etc,..BS,..BS,..BS,...

And finally,...('cause I'm getting writer's cramp!),..who's going to take a crack at Iran first? US or Israel? Read Ahmadinejad's latest rants here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home