2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

HUH???

So, yesterday, I'm out food shopping (yes, I'm male and can shop - got a problem with that??)

Anyway, as I'm inching up the check-out line, I'm looking at some of the weekly/monthly magazines.

I spotted Mariah Carey on the cover of Essence magazine.

This doesn't surprise me, since Mariah has a new CD coming out and I'm sure her handlers will have her,..um,..face plastered all over the media. What did catch my eye was this:

MARIAH CAREY

America's Most Misunderstood Black Woman

Um,.....let me see if I remember her bio:

Mariah Carey's mom was of Irish descent.
Her dad was half-Venezuelan, half-black.

That makes her 1/4 black!

Yup,...that would make her seriously misunderstood. (to some people)

Side note,..today's CBS Sunday Morning had a puff piece on Carol Channing. In her autobiography, she revealed her father was "of mixed race," too. Funny, she never tried to pass herself off as anything but white.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home