Sometimes,..I'm So Smart I Scare Myself
Nostradamus,..er,..The TrekMedic posits:
Sen. Joseph Biden recently put forth this idea on how to end the violence in Iraq:
US Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr., senior Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in a speech said Monday before the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia that Iraq may need to have one central government with three seperate regions for the Shiites, Sunnis, and Kurds.
Biden, who opposes permanent military bases in Iraq and US control of the country’s natural resources, said that although American military and political leadership in Baghdad have said that the United States does not have plans for permanent bases, “the Iraqi people remain suspicious of our intentions and are growing increasingly impatient.”
Seems to me I've ruminated on the very same subject last month:
And now, after nearly two decades, what has become of Yugoslavia?
* Slovenia - stable democracy, burgeoning economy and EU member
* Croatia - stable democracy, burgeoning economy and future EU member
* Macedonia - making slow and steady headway towards stabilizing its sovereignty
* Serbia - Once the heart of Yugoslavia, now trying to move on from its past. Largely ignored the death of dictator Slobodan Milosevic
* Montenegro - Partnered with Serbia in a joint republic, but struggling to secede from Serbia
* Bosnia - Its future is uncertain. Largely occupied by UNtied Nations troops.
Does any of this sound familiar? Can we afford the two-decade incubation period in the Middle East? Will the MSMedia allow the same?
In the year 2026, will the Unites States be doing business with Iraq, or Kurdistan, a Sunni republic and a Shi'a republic?
Hey,..wait a minute,..isn't this the same Sen. Biden who derailed his own presidential campaign when he was accused of plagiarism??