2011 - The Year We Take Back Congress and Make Obama's Life Hell!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A New School Prayer

Hat Tip to Michael_the_Archangel:


The New School Prayer

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rules
For this Great Nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd

If scripture now the class recites
It violates the Bill of Rights
And any time my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now

Our hair can be purple, orange or green
There's no offense, it's a freedom scene
The law's specific, the law's precise
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks
They would like to outlaw guns, but first the Bible
To quote the Good Book makes me liable

We can elect a pregnant senior queen
And the unwed 'daddy' our senior king
It's inappropriate to teach right from wrong
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong

We can get our condoms and birth controls
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No word of God must reach this crowd

It's scary here, I must confess
When chaos reigns the schools a mess
So Lord, this silent plea I make
Should I be shot; my soul please take
Amen

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger loboinok said...

A little humerous but sad and true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home